Moving forward to Qt6

Anjani Kumar anjanik012 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 2 09:36:56 BST 2021

Hello,

Some good news. All Qt related warnings are now resolved and code is fully ported to Qt 5.15.2 and can be built to a minimum of Qt 5.12. I am attaching the latest build log(shortened) of branch gsoc21-qt6-port.
Now we are in a position to start the work to use Qt6. I have been planning this but I have some confusion regarding some things. I attended a talk in this year's akademy on "Porting user applications to Qt6" https://conf.tube/videos/watch/playlist/38bfc51e-253d-4976-ba1c-1a16bcc6d9b0?playlistPosition=17&resume=true
You also might want to look at the slides, it is helpful. I am attaching this as well.
Some of my queries:
Will my branch be merged before any Qt6 work?

It is difficult to maintain compatibility with older Qt versions than Qt5.15 and Qt 6 simultaneously. We might need to bump the min Qt version.

C++17 is required by Qt6. It would need to be set in CMake and move to new GCC.

Thanks
Anjani