Instructions to Build for Windows

mdwdx5+6ututqxw0b6tw at guerrillamail.com mdwdx5+6ututqxw0b6tw at guerrillamail.com
Thu Sep 24 21:25:43 BST 2020

Thanks for this.  I got started and ran into an error with the first script 01-build-mxe.sh

It failed trying to build ext_drmingw.  Appears it was trying to use the 64bit compiler (which was not found) when everything else was setup to use the 32bit compiler.  Just for fun, commented out the line that built ext_drmingw and continued on.

I ended up with a failure in the third script 03-build-digikam.sh.  This time failed to build ext_exiv2 with essentially the same type of error (couldn't find 64bit compiler).

In congif.sh, the MXE_ARCHBITS is set to 32 (MXE_ARCHBITS=32 so I assume everything should be building for and using the 32bit compiler.

Am I missing something?

>Hi,
>
>build for Windows is done under Linux using cross compiler MXE (Mingw based)
>
>https://mxe.cc/
>
>All is explained here :
>
>https://invent.kde.org/graphics/digikam/-/tree/master/project/bundles/mxe
>
>To resume : you don't need Windows at all to build digikam for Windows.
>
>Best
>
>Gilles Caulier

----
Sent using Guerrillamail.com