7.1.0 Release and students branches merge...

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Tue Sep 1 08:34:30 BST 2020

Hi all,

I'm facing a problem, step by step with the Macports packages. I
updated Xcode to last stable, and now plenty of packages are broken at
compile time. I report these problems one by one to Macports bugzilla.
It advances but slowly. So It's possible that I will delay until next
week end the release.

The problem with Macports is that we cannot go back to a previous
version of a package, and when a package compilation is broken, it's
generally a good idea to recompile all from scratch, to be sure, due
to side effects.

To conclude, before to release a major version of digiKam:

NEVER update Apple compiler.
NEVER recompile whole Macports.
NEVER update MacOS even if there are security issues.
etc...

It's always a waste of time...

Best

Gilles