Question about the GSoC project

Chingiz Kazbekov artka.kazaktar at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 22:32:41 GMT 2020

Hello everyone! I have a question about the
Project: Factoring all Export Tools with new Export API and port to
QtNetworkAuth
In particular, I would like to get a more clear understanding of new
talker(export) API and wizard dialog. So there are "export to webservice"
plugins each of which has its own *talker class that does the oauth2
authorization and photo uploading, and its own *window class which is a
photo uploading GUI that is unique to that webservice. Now what I'm finding
hard to understand is in what way specifically new export API and wizard
dialog supposed to replace that? When exporting to Imgur for example, will
the GUI stay the same and the student just needs to change the plugin so
that it uses the new talker API? Or will all the options in the "Export"
menu item be replaced with one option: to export, and then the choice of
webservice will be made in the wizard dialog? What's the purpose of the
wizard dialog? To replace all those webservices' *window classes?

So in short what I'm finding hard to understand is the purpose of new
talker API and especially wizard dialog, and how do they both tie with each
other and the existing code. I would be really glad if you could clarify
those questions for me.

Shyngys Kazbekov,
artka.kazaktar at gmail.com,
Telegram @chechenitza,