Ideal Location to Store Images in Codebase?

Kartik Ramesh kartikx2000 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 04:35:49 BST 2020

Thanks for your inputs Thanh.

On Tue, Jun 30, 2020 at 1:13 AM Thanh Trung Dinh <
dinhthanhtrung1996 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Kartik,
>
> I've pulled your latest changes and compiled. When showing helpbox, I see
> your face on tab "Face Detection" (top left corner), so I thought it
> worked, didnt it?

Oh it works? That's surprising actually :D. Could you tell me what commands
you used locally, when you tested my branch? Also does the overlayImage
show up in /usr/share/digikam/data? Thanks in advance.

Besides, I tested the features you described in your blog post. You've done
> great job so far! In addition, I have some questions (Q) and comment (C).
>
> For displaying person thumbnails as icon for each person tag:
> *Q: *If a user has already some faces recognized (tagged) in a tag but
> the tag does not have the icon yet. When the first time they use this new
> feature, will the icon be selected randomly among those faces tagged
> already? Or do they have to wait until they tag a new face for that tag?

 Yes, this is an issue. The current implementation only adds Icon, when the
User performs some action related to the Face Tag. I actually started a
discussion on this a week back :
http://digikam.1695700.n4.nabble.com/Update-FaceTags-List-to-assign-Tag-Icons-to-all-tt4712891.html

> *C: *For me, when I firstly tag a face to a tag, that face becomes the
> icon for that tag. However, if I delete that face in the tags (and it's not
> the last face remaining in the tag), that face is still the icon for that
> tag. In my opinion, user can make mistake and wrongly select a face for a
> tag, so when that face is deleted from the tag, the icon has to be chosen
> randomly among other faces already tagged that remain in the tag.
>
> Sure, this looks implementable. I'll try this out.

For Helpbox:

> *C: *
>
>    - I think that you should not use your photo for helpbox. As Gilles
>    said, you should not use faces of popular people, since there may be issues
>    later. In my opinion, just put a face placeholder (like when you haven't
>    set your avatar yet on Facebook for example), and put a name on it. User
>    will understand anyway.
>
> This is a great idea, I hadn't thought of it. I'll do this.

>    - In Face Recognition tab, for your last sentence,
>    Sensitivity/Specificity is not accuracy over speed actually. It works in a
>    way that if you go towards Specificity (slide to the right), you ask the
>    engine to recognize faces only when they are very close to tagged faces ->
>    this leads to higher accuracy, but less faces recognized (since you require
>    a high standard). If you go towards Sensitivity (slide to the left), you
>    decrease the standard so more faces can be recognized but less accuracy.
>
> Oh Alright. I actually wrote that because of a line in the Online Handbook
: "In Parameters you can try to find a balance between speed and accuracy
that suits your needs.". The handbook is for an older version of digiKam
however, so it might be different from current status. Anyway, I will fix
the sentence.

Kartik