digiKam extra repositories on my github account...

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Fri Jun 19 16:22:19 BST 2020

Hi all,

I have been working a lot recently to prepare a set of extra
repositories on my github account. See below the list :

* https://github.com/cgilles/digikam-install-deps

This one includes a script to install the most recent dependencies for
digiKam. There is for the moment a linux magiea script to prepare the
system with low level dependencies. I will write one for Raspberry Pi.
Any contribution are welcome for other Linux host. I plan also to
include MSVC/Windows 10 later.

* https://github.com/cgilles/digikam-photolayouteditor

This one is an old kipi Collage tool that i port to digiKam plugin
interface. I review all codes but it miss some bug and improvements to
do. See the README for details. We will be able to assign these task
later to a future student.

* https://github.com/cgilles/digikam-pgf-database

This one can be used as well to convert PGF images stored in digiKam
database to PNG. You need to extract database binary blobs  before.
It's a CLI tool which does not depend of digiKam core.

* https://github.com/cgilles/digikam-mediaserver-standalone

This one is a CLI tool dedicated to run the UPNP/DNLA server as
standalone. It does not depend of digiKam core.

* https://github.com/cgilles/digikam-analogexif

This one is a port of the old AnalogExif tool from sourceforge to
digiKAm plugin interface. code is ported to Qt5 as well. That all.
It's just to experiment, if somebody want to test...

* https://github.com/cgilles/digikam-plugins-demo

This one is a collection of demo plugins. Code is commented to explain
how to write a new C++ plugin.

* https://github.com/cgilles/ImageMosaicWall

This one is the ImageMosaicWall Qt tool that i patch to support
digiKam plugin interface. UPSTREAM repository is now included in all
digiKam bundle as extra plugin.

* https://github.com/cgilles/digikam-data-unittests

This one is a collection of image data to run all unit tests. It's not
yet used, but later we can use it as well instead the data files from
digiKam repository. The goal is to reduce digiKam source code
tarball...

* https://github.com/cgilles/gmic-qt

This one is the famous GMicQt Gimp/Krita tool that i port to digiKam
plugin interface. UPSTREAM repository is now included in all digiKam
bundle as extra plugin.

In the future, if time permit, my todo list is :

- port filmulator-gui tool to digiKam plugin interface. tool to
digiKam plugin interface.
- port hdrmerge tool tool to digiKam plugin interface.
- port luminancehdr tool to digiKam plugin interface.
- add photoflow as RAW pre-processing tool as digiKam.

Voilà

Best regards