Beta3 Appimage Could not initialize GLX

vienna digikam at sauerst.de
Thu Jul 16 09:32:02 BST 2020

Hi fellows,

I am trying to run latest appimage beta3 and it coredumps straight away:

----snip----

unknown: qglx_findConfig: Failed to finding matching FBConfig for
QSurfaceFormat(version 2.0, options
QFlags<QSurfaceFormat::FormatOption>(), depthBufferSize -1,
redBufferSize 1, greenBufferSize 1, blueBufferSize 1, alphaBufferSize
-1, stencilBufferSize -1, samples -1, swapBehavior
QSurfaceFormat::SingleBuffer, swapInterval 1, colorSpace
QSurfaceFormat::DefaultColorSpace, profile  QSurfaceFormat::NoProfile)
unknown: qglx_findConfig: Failed to finding matching FBConfig for
QSurfaceFormat(version 2.0, options
QFlags<QSurfaceFormat::FormatOption>(), depthBufferSize -1,
redBufferSize 1, greenBufferSize 1, blueBufferSize 1, alphaBufferSize
-1, stencilBufferSize -1, samples -1, swapBehavior
QSurfaceFormat::SingleBuffer, swapInterval 1, colorSpace
QSurfaceFormat::DefaultColorSpace, profile  QSurfaceFormat::NoProfile)
unknown: Could not initialize GLX
/tmp/.mount_digikaqdISmZ/AppRun: line 157: 166893
Aborted                 (core dumped) digikam $@

Can't figure out why. Internet
(https://stackoverflow.com/questions/53768408/qt3d-qt-glx-qglx-findconfig-failed-to-finding-matching-fbconfig-warning)
is suggesting to put this into code, but I can't find where this is
actually being used|.|

This is the build I am running:
https://aur.archlinux.org/cgit/aur.git/tree/PKGBUILD?h=digikam-beta-appimage

What am I missing here?