Face recognition AI / DL and adding features

cerp at eeos.biz cerp at eeos.biz
Mon Aug 17 10:53:00 BST 2020

Hi everybody!

I have been testing 7.0.0 and I love the AI features that recognizes
the faces.

I would like to extend it to recognize other types of features,
because we use digikam to manage an archive of botanical pictures, and
it would be very useful for us. The first test would be to identify
plants pictures within the database  (not the individual species, just
whether the picture contains a plant).

I looked at the existing documentation, but it not really sufficiently
in depth, it only gives a generic overview.

Is there documentation that explains what approach was used to
developing the new component for face recognition?

Of course, I would be happy to share with the community the outputs of
any development.

Regards

Corrado Topi