Proposal for GoSC 2019 branch integration

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Thu Sep 5 06:46:47 BST 2019

Hi all,

This is my proposal for students branches integration with next releases.

1/ Clone tool => As it's a plugin with minor core changes.
2/ Face recognition => a lots of code changed everywhere in core.
3/ Face Management => changes in core.

1 => git/master with next 6.4.0
2+3 => fusionned in a new development branch
named remotes/origin/development/7.0.0

All students branches are sync with master changes until now. So this kind
of plan will be easy to done without to fix conflicts in code.

7.0.0 will be stabilized step by step in a dedicated branch. This will
permit to maintain 6.x releases a little bit, and to release 7.0.0 beta
version until code finalization. When 7.0.0 will be ready for production,
it will be merged back to master.

I propose few 7.0.0 beta release, one by month for exemple. We can plan to
publish a stable release next year in January or February, just before the
next GoSC event.

Voilà...