Building DigiKam locally from source

Andrey Goreev aegoreev at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 13:50:04 GMT 2019

I think exiv2 0.26 has never made it to Debian-based distributions so one might have to compile it from sources.Also libjasper isn't in ubuntu 18.04 repos anymore so if you want JPEG 2000 support you would need to install it manually.
If you are on Ubuntu/Debian this log might help:
https://discuss.pixls.us/t/compile-latest-digikam-on-ubuntu-18-04/9882
Thanks Andrey
Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
-------- Original message --------From: Gilles Caulier <caulier.gilles at gmail.com> Date: 2019-01-07  5:11 AM  (GMT-07:00) To: digiKam developers room - digiKam - Manage your photographs as a professional with the power of open source <digikam-devel at kde.org> Subject: Re: Building DigiKam locally from source
Hi, and sorry for the delay...
If you have some problem with external dependencies, we need to know which ones exactly ?
First look well the list of dependencies :
https://www.digikam.org/api/index.html#externaldeps

Qt5 and KF5 must be found in all main Linux distributions. No need to recompile all yourself it's a waste of time.
All others one can be also found without to build something in your computer. Just install the devel packages and all must be fine. This is how i do here with Mageia 6.1
Best
Gilles Caulier