No subject

Wed Apr 17 13:17:15 BST 2019

My main intention is to use the in-camera generated, jpeg-embedded thumb (maybe ugly/coarse, e.g. extracted by "jhead -st thumb.jpg your-photo.jpg") to get fast thumb preview within albums. If RAW won't work then one might use the currently available mechanisms.

My main concern is to speedup thumbnail display for slow machines. Maybe extraction of embedded tumbnail is a slower process anyhow compared to creating a fresh thumb. In that case my idea simply won't make any sense.

Regards, Michael