How to compile Digikam on Ubuntu 18.04 with libexifv2 0.26

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Fri Sep 7 06:14:32 BST 2018

ls -la /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libexiv2*

What's this kind of path ?

Here all is installed in /usr/lib64/. It's simple and clean. It's also the
case under CentOS 6 to build the AppImage bundle.

Give me the full traces of Exiv2 configuration + compilation + install.
start from an Exiv2 install from scratch (remove all local source code to
compile, checkout code again, configure, compile, and install)

Note : On my home computer, I don't use automake/autoconf to configure
Exiv2. I use cmake of course, as i write myself the auto* to cmake port of
Exiv2.

For the next Exiv2 0.27, auto* support will be dropped in favor of cmake.