Trademarked icons in digikam?

Simon Frei freisim93 at gmail.com
Fri May 11 13:24:24 BST 2018

I believe it is fine to use the official (!) logos. Dropbox has a
paragraph that essentially describes our function:

    You may only use the Dropbox name and logo in your app to identify
or direct a user to a Dropbox integration or functionality. For example,
you may use a Dropbox logo and "Save to Dropbox" text on a button to
prompt a user to save a file to Dropbox.
    https://www.dropbox.com/developers/reference/branding-guide

For facebook I couldn't find something that clear, for obvious reasons
their documentation mostly talks about websites, sharing and linking to
organization facebook pages. But the following also seems very close:

    Do only use the "f" logo to refer to:
    [...]
     - Your product’s integration with Facebook, such as "For use with
Facebook"
   https://en.facebookbrand.com/assets/f-logo

I would just always use the official logo, if provided, and assume it's
fine as we direct users to their services in good faith. All the docs I
have seen are very clear, that they do not want any alterations of their
logos or self-creations, that look similar to their logo - so using
something that looks like the logo but isn't really is a bad idea.