digiKam 6.0.0 and web services

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Sat Jan 27 08:40:35 GMT 2018

Hi all,

Web Service tools come to digiKam core 6.0.0 step by step.

Currently we have all O2 ported tools :

- DropBox
- Flickr
- ImgUr

Code arrive in core/utilities/assistants/webservices/

We have stand alone test tools in core/tests/exporttools

More code are written in core/utilities/assistants/webservices :

* wizard/ is the new wizard dialog common to all tools.
* manager/ will include the low level talker/uploader classes and helpers
to base web service classes

The new wizard dialog is not yet used. Low level web services classes must
be ported to the new common API not yet yet written. I need a student while
this summer for this task.

My plan :

1/ port tools API to digiKam core. This take 1 hours to do. It's easy.
2/ plug tools everywhere in DK GUI (albums view, LT, Editor, Showfoto).
This will take few hours to do and test.
3/ write new low level classes to share with all web services tools. This
will a little bit long.
4/ port all web services to new low level DK API + use of new wizard
dialog. It will long, especially for regression tests.
5/ Remove all tools dialog and use the factored wizard everywhere in DK
view.
5/ Use low level tools classes in BQM to be able to include export tools in
workflow. This is the most tedious task.

Stage 2/ is a big improvements, as currently only albums view is able to
use web service tools.

VoilĂ . I plan to add more web service tools in DK core (especially the non
ported to O2 that student must port while this summer). Like this all will
be ready to hack in time for GoSC 2018.

VoilĂ