preparing 6.0.0 code...

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Wed Jan 3 17:10:50 GMT 2018

Hi all,

In first, i hope an happy new year to all.

1/ I currently revival the face management git branch written while summer
2017 by the student working on AI engine to recognize faces. The code is
sync with master, but do not compile yet. I will fix it.

2/ Important point : this code do not compile with OpenCV 2.x. It require
OpenCV 3.1. This want mean that digiKam 6.0.0 will drop OpenCV 2.x support
definitively.

3/ when faces management branch will be fixed, I would to create a new one
dedicated to 6.0.0 release and let's master for the 5.x series, as
certainly a new 5.9.0 will be published few weeks ago 5.8.0, as
maintenance, until 6.0.0 code will be stabilized.

4/ The clone tool : this one still not very unusable for 5.8.0. I recommend
to disable this option in editor for the moment, until zoom support and
brushes size preview over canvas is not implemented.

5/ I do know yet when 5.8.0 will be released, as i don't receive a new
response from Nicolas to create the whole tarball. Also Maik, want
certainly receive more feedback about Mysql support as i can see recently
in bugzilla.

Best