reducing again the puzzle with next 6.0.0 release...

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Sun Feb 11 16:52:02 GMT 2018

Hi all,

Last 5.9.0 will be out in few weeks. After that we will switch to 6.0.0.

The branch is already created and all is ready to switch all code from the
branch to master, just after 5.9.0 release.

At this stage, as all webservice tools are now in digiKam core, the legacy
puzzle is now very well simplified. And i start to be very happy.

The next stage, will be to drop the super repository :

https://cgit.kde.org/digikam-software-compilation.git/

in fact my plan is to move all this code in digikam core root directory as
well. This will simplify the workflow for all. I recently try to explain to
a possible new student the way to compile digiKam source code, and the way
to have 2 repositories is not simple.

So, if there is no objection, i will do it after 5.9.0 release....

Best