Hello

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Sun Feb 4 14:15:55 GMT 2018

Than,

I recommend in first :

1/ To checkout digiKam source code from git. The 6.0.0 devel branch will be
used for GoSC 2018.
2/ use the super repository :

https://cgit.kde.org/digikam-software-compilation.git/

and checkout 6.0.0 git branch, and export GITSLAVE=".gitslave.devel"

3/ download all sub components with ./download-repos. This will checkout
all digiKam and few extra libraries from git.
4/ go to core sub dir and checkout 6.0.0 branch. "core is whole digiKam
source code.

5/ 6.0.0 require now OpenCV > 3.1.0. I recommend to use last 3.4 release
and compile/install it with this bootstrap script :

https://cgit.kde.org/digikam-software-compilation.git/tree/project/scripts/bootstrap.opencv-minimal-linux.sh?h=6.0.0

6/ Other dependencies mandatory to compile digiKam : marble and qtav. We
have also 2 bootstrap scripts to compile these components :

https://cgit.kde.org/digikam-software-compilation.git/tree/project/scripts/bootstrap-marble.sh?h=6.0.0

https://cgit.kde.org/digikam-software-compilation.git/tree/project/scripts/bootstrap-qtav.sh?h=6.0.0

7/ For other extra dependencies, look well this file :

https://cgit.kde.org/digikam-software-compilation.git/tree/DEPENDENCIES?h=6.0.0

8/ When all dependencies are resolved, the bootstrap script to configure
digiKam from the super repository must report that all is ready to compile
in build sub-directory. Else fix the missing devel package to install.

9/ From build sub directory, compile with make -jn, where n is the number
of cores to use. This will compile in parallel.

10/ If you have problems to configure and compile, report in this room.

11/ When all is compiled, you can install and run the application. The
Webservice tools are available in Import and Export menu.

12/ The code relevant of the GoSC 2018 project and port to O2 API is
located in a specific place in digiKam source code :

https://cgit.kde.org/digikam.git/tree/utilities/assistants/webservices?h=development/6.0.0

We currently prepare the code to be ready to use for this project.

13 / To test webservice tools independently, look in core/tests/webservices.

Best