KDE binary factory

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 17:29:21 BST 2018

For the moment, the only advantage to KDE binaries factory is to build
Windows bundle with MSVC. As we will need MSVC to build QtWebEngine which
cannot be cross compiled with Mingw (thanks google to increase the puzzle
with Chrome core implementation), it can be a solution.

Note : i refuse to use a Windows computer (or through VM), to compile with
MSVC. I do it currently in my office to compile a Qt framework that i
written, and MSVC is just a big pain. The scripting language under Windows
is just archaic and a waste of time.

For compatibility with external shared libraries under Windows, I cannot
cross compile in my office. It's just the hell...