mysql db

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 15:16:05 BST 2018

Hi,

For digiKam 6.0.0, the similarity database was extracted from core database
to prevent bloating data in most import database file.

similarity data are fingerprints computed over image, mostly 500 bytes per
images. Hosting these data in a dedicated database will speed up the core
database.

This point is true for sqlite and mysql. Look well the new settings in
Setup/Database dialog.