drag-and-drop

Simon Frei freisim93 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 14 09:44:23 BST 2017

I am working on making grouping work with drag and drop.
It works, but one thing I need to do is override
DragDropViewImplementation::startDrag to resolve grouping if necessary.
This is not per se a problem, but I need to duplicate it for the
iconview and tableview. I would like to avoid that by subclassing
DragDropViewImplementation. However that doesn't work due to usage of
the DECLARE_VIEW_DRAG_DROP_METHODS(ParentViewClass) macro which
"hardcodes" DragDropViewImplementation.
I don't see the point of it (just to be sure: obviously I am not
implying there is none), I think you could instead have a constructor
and pass ParentViewClass to the constructor, thus allowing subclassing.
Certain views (tableview) already don't use the macro.

*TLDR:*
Is there a catch when not using the
DECLARE_VIEW_DRAG_DROP_METHODS(ParentViewClass) macro?

Also the dragEnterEvent, dropEvent, ... methods aren't virtual, which
would have to be changed as well - any particular reason for that?

Thanks for your help.

Cheers,
Simon