[digikam] [Bug 381386] New: Failed to update the database schema from version 7 to version 8.

Vlado Plaga bugzilla_noreply at kde.org
Mon Jun 19 06:05:28 BST 2017


            Bug ID: 381386
           Summary: Failed to update the database schema from version 7 to
                    version 8.
           Product: digikam
           Version: 5.6.0
          Platform: Other
                OS: Linux
            Status: UNCONFIRMED
          Severity: normal
          Priority: NOR
         Component: Database-Migration
          Assignee: digikam-devel at kde.org
          Reporter: rechner at vlado-do.de
  Target Milestone: ---

Created attachment 106164
  --> https://bugs.kde.org/attachment.cgi?id=106164&action=edit
console output

I had Digikam (4.4 and earlier) use an external MySQL database (though marked
experimental)... and now I'm facing update problems. It does not work with
DigiKam 5.4 (from Kubuntu 17.04), and the problem seems to be the same with
DigiKam 5.6, started from digikam-5.6.0-01-x86-64.appimage.

Actually the AppImage seemed to introduce a new problem: it is trying to
connect to MySQL through /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock, although on Ubuntu the
socket is under /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock - I changed it for testing

I tried manual DB fixes also, as described in #373605. The commands found 23
problematic entries in 4 tables.

I can still start DigiKam 4.4 under Debian (old stable), but in there the
Database Migration dialogue does not work... so I wonder how I'm going to get
my database converted to the current DigiKam standard.

You are receiving this mail because:
You are the assignee for the bug.

More information about the Digikam-devel mailing list