[digikam] Some questions

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 11:13:47 GMT 2017

> Hello
> I was trying on this proposal: https://community.kde.org/GSoC/2017/Ideas#
> Project_3_:_digiKam_Web_Services_tools_authentication_with_OAuth.
>
> I had some queries and would like to have some help:
>
> * What are some simple issues I can start working on?

Look on KDE bugzilla, kipi-plugins section, and Imgur web service tool
issues.

https://bugs.kde.org/buglist.cgi?bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=CONFIRMED&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&component=ImgurExport&product=kipiplugins&query_format=advanced

There are file to review, comment, test, and patches. Use directly bugzilla
to post comment and patch. We are directly in CC.

> * How to reduce build time while tweaking single source files? I tried
> 'make' inside a subfolder I am working, which took much less, but I would
> like to reduce it further.

You cannot. A plugin need to recompile source code relevant at least. Also
they depend on libkipiplugins on common dir.

But a tool can be compiled alone, whithout all other. just rune "make -j"
in tool directory.

To test, you need to instal the tool. run "make install/fast" in tool
directory.

> * How to set up the development environment on my system? I prefer Emacs
> (Spacemacs, TBH), but can't enable library based completion. Earlier, I
> used QtCreator for Qt-based projects.

Use Kate editor. It's more simple and as all you need for that.

> * I am using Debian Testing with Gnome. Would you recommend using the
> same, KDE on the Debian testing, or shifting to KDE Neon?

KDE Neon sound more adapted as well...