Failing unit tests

Veaceslav Munteanu veaceslav.munteanu90 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 4 09:37:04 BST 2017

On Thu, Aug 3, 2017 at 6:50 PM, Maik Qualmann <metzpinguin at gmail.com> wrote:
> Strange, timestampupdatetest works, digiKam crashes with the test image
> (1.jpg).
>
> Maik
>
> Am Donnerstag, 3. August 2017, 18:46:42 CEST schrieb Maik Qualmann:
>> The timestampupdatet test image can also crash digiKam here.
>> I change the line 840 in metaengine_exif.cpp from:
>>
>> // See BUG #184156 comment #13
>> std::string val  = it->print(&exifData);
>> std::string val  = it->toString();
>>
>> The bug #184156 I can not reproduce by the change.
>>
>> Maik
>>
>> Am Donnerstag, 3. August 2017, 12:31:58 CEST schrieb Maik Qualmann:
>> > I also use openSUSE Tumbleweed and can confirm the crash in
>> > timestampupdatetest. I look at it tonight. The problem with dimagelisttest
>> > is a timeout because GUI input is necessary.

We need to avoid using add_test(dimagelisttest dimagelisttest) in the
cmake if the test require Gui input, or the test needs to be converted
in a unit test.

I will later work on converting some tests(image quality sorter for
example, to true unit tests)

Gilles, did the GSoC students provide some unit testing for their projects?