Problem establishing viable development environment

Dev (ReadyNAS Admin) dev.server at zoppi.org
Mon Sep 5 18:26:39 BST 2016

I have scoured the web site, mailing list archives and have come up with
nothing helpful.

I'm trying to establish a development environment so I can test out some
enhancements I'd like to make to the computer vision/facial recognition
portion of the application but am having a nearly impossible time
establishing a viable development environment (with resolved dependencies)
on either of the two linux versions I have (LinuxMint or KUbuntu). Having
given up on Mint, I'm now focused on KUbuntu 16.04.

In addition to getting dev essentials, I also get cmake extra-cmake-modules

On KUbuntu, I'm able to install 5.1.0 and run it.  (e.g. dependencies during
the installation of 5.1.0 seem to resolve correctly).

While building a dev environment from the digikam-software-compilation repo,
and following these instructions:

https://www.digikam.org/download/GIT

# git clone git://anongit.kde.org/digikam-software-compilation dk
# cd dk
# export GITSLAVE=.gitslave.devel
# ./download-repos

I encounter no errors.

Then, I run ./bootstrap.linux

> ./bootstrap.linux

Qt5     Install Path : /usr

KF5     Install Path : /usr

digiKam Install Path : /usr

------

-- Starting CMake configuration for: digikam-software-collection

-- Looking for __GLIBC__

-- Looking for __GLIBC__ - found

-- Performing Test _OFFT_IS_64BIT

-- Performing Test _OFFT_IS_64BIT - Success

-- Documentation translations directory is missing.

-- You can use DIGIKAMSC_CHECKOUT_DOC option to extract doc i18n files from
git repositories.

------

-- Compilation configuration for: digikam-software-collection

-- digiKam core will be compiled.................. YES

-- Kipiplugins will be compiled................... YES

-- Local shared libkipi will be compiled.......... YES

-- Local shared libksane will be compiled......... YES

-- Local shared libmediawiki will be compiled..... YES

-- Local shared libkvkontakte will be compiled.... YES

-- Extract application translations files......... NO

-- Extract documentation translations files....... NO

-- Translations will be compiled.................. NO

-- Handbooks will be compiled..................... YES

-- Tests code will be compiled.................... YES

------

-- Starting CMake configuration for: libkipi

CMake Warning (dev) at
/usr/share/ECM/modules/ECMPackageConfigHelpers.cmake:71 (message):

  Your project already requires a version of CMake that includes the

  find_dependency macro via the CMakeFindDependencyMacro module.  You should

  use CMakePackageConfigHelpers instead of ECMPackageConfigHelpers.

Call Stack (most recent call first):

  extra/libkipi/CMakeLists.txt:72 (include)

This warning is for project developers.  Use -Wno-dev to suppress it.

CMake Warning at /usr/share/ECM/find-modules/FindKF5.cmake:74
(find_package):

  Could not find a package configuration file provided by "KF5Config"

  (requested version 5.1.0) with any of the following names:

    KF5ConfigConfig.cmake

    kf5config-config.cmake

  Add the installation prefix of "KF5Config" to CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH or set

  "KF5Config_DIR" to a directory containing one of the above files.  If

  "KF5Config" provides a separate development package or SDK, be sure it has

  been installed.

Call Stack (most recent call first):

  extra/libkipi/CMakeLists.txt:89 (find_package)

-- Could NOT find KF5Config: found neither KF5ConfigConfig.cmake nor
kf5config-config.cmake

CMake Warning at /usr/share/ECM/find-modules/FindKF5.cmake:74
(find_package):

  Could not find a package configuration file provided by "KF5XmlGui"

  (requested version 5.1.0) with any of the following names:

    KF5XmlGuiConfig.cmake

    kf5xmlgui-config.cmake

  Add the installation prefix of "KF5XmlGui" to CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH or set

  "KF5XmlGui_DIR" to a directory containing one of the above files.  If

  "KF5XmlGui" provides a separate development package or SDK, be sure it has

  been installed.

Call Stack (most recent call first):

  extra/libkipi/CMakeLists.txt:89 (find_package)

-- Could NOT find KF5XmlGui: found neither KF5XmlGuiConfig.cmake nor
kf5xmlgui-config.cmake

CMake Warning at /usr/share/ECM/find-modules/FindKF5.cmake:74
(find_package):

  Could not find a package configuration file provided by "KF5Service"

  (requested version 5.1.0) with any of the following names:

    KF5ServiceConfig.cmake

    kf5service-config.cmake

  Add the installation prefix of "KF5Service" to CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH or set

  "KF5Service_DIR" to a directory containing one of the above files.  If

  "KF5Service" provides a separate development package or SDK, be sure it
has

  been installed.

Call Stack (most recent call first):

  extra/libkipi/CMakeLists.txt:89 (find_package)

-- Could NOT find KF5Service: found neither KF5ServiceConfig.cmake nor
kf5service-config.cmake

CMake Error at
/usr/share/cmake-3.5/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:148
(message):

  Could NOT find KF5 (missing: Config XmlGui Service) (Required is at least

  version "5.1.0")

Call Stack (most recent call first):

  /usr/share/cmake-3.5/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:388
(_FPHSA_FAILURE_MESSAGE)

  /usr/share/ECM/find-modules/FindKF5.cmake:110
(find_package_handle_standard_args)

  extra/libkipi/CMakeLists.txt:89 (find_package)

See also "/home/szoppi/Documents/dk/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".

So I realize that there a large number of number of dependencies that aren't
installed.  Rather than doing this one-at-a-time, I followed the
instructions at https://www.digikam.org/download/dependencies

Upon running sudo apt-get build-dep digikam

I get the error indicating that I have no source URIs . so I modified
/etc/apt/sources.list.d/philip5-ubuntu-extra-xenial.list to uncomment the
sources endpoint and then proceed to re-run build-dep.

apt-get build-dep digikam

Reading package lists... Done

Reading package lists... Done

Building dependency tree

Reading state information... Done

or been moved out of Incoming.

builddeps:digikam : Depends: libgpod-nogtk-dev but it is not going to be
installed

So following up with an apt-mark showhold

Yields Nothing . so that's fine - now I go to check what the status is with
libgpod-nogtk-dev .

http://www.ubuntuupdates.org/package/core/xenial/main/proposed/libgpod-nogtk
-dev

Latest Version: *Deleted* but shows "Moved to xenial:main:base" but then
that should have resolved correctly (I think).  Unless I've missed
something.

So I think I'm at an empasse with establishing a proper environment

Build OS: KUBUNTU 16

Any guidance would be welcome/appreciated.

Regards,

Steve

---