Statically linking Digikam 5.2

Guy Rutenberg guyrutenberg at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 16:18:15 BST 2016

Hi,

On 16 October 2016 at 10:09, <digikam-devel-request at kde.org> wrote:

> The first beta AppImage is here :
>
> https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzeiVr-byqt5SUZRMGtWa3VCUDg
>
> Do not use yet in production. Use a dedicated account plus a test
> collection. I'm sure that some features will not work yet. Be careful...
>
> Gilles Caulier

Thanks, I manged to get it running without a problem on Debian Jessie. One
issue I did encounter was (I'm not sure it if digikam 5 in general or the
AppImage) that Digikam would not update albums names if renamed in the file
manager. The new names would be picked up only after restarting the app.

Currently, I'm testing it on a VM. Can it co-exist on the same machine with
Digikam 4?

Thanks,
Guy