[Digikam-devel] Mysql/MariaDb database expert needs...

eric e.longuemare at laposte.net
Fri May 13 02:02:28 BST 2016

Hello,

I'm still using one old version of Digikam (3.5) with a mysql database.

I think I have tell before about this, but can't find the report :

"When one album with a lot of pictures is open, Digikam opens a lot of
concurrent connections to mysql and never close them or "forget" some of
them."

A simply way to see this is to use mytop
(http://jeremy.zawodny.com/mysql/mytop/) or mysqltuner.

In my case : up to 75 simultaneous connections (to digikam and
digikamThumb) are needed to display one album that have a little more
than 2000 pictures.

I should give logs tomorrow (I'm migrating Digikam databases to a 64 bit
server as I was still using a 32 bit one that limit usable memory for
mysql to 2 GO).

As I can't migrate now to a up to date digikam release, I think that it
is interesting to know if that still occure.

Thanks.

Eric