[Digikam-devel] Drupal 6 no longer supported - Migration required

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Fri Feb 26 18:54:34 GMT 2016

Hi all,

As was inevitable, Drupal upstream have now ceased support for Drupal 6.
This means that our Drupal 6 sites now represent a security threat,
and may be insecure against future vulnerabilities.

I would therefore like to migrate or otherwise sort out our various
Drupal 6 installations fairly quickly.

In terms of Akademy 2010 and Akademy 2012: I think the content of this
(along with the Akademy 2013 Drupal 7 instance) should be all migrated
into the overall Akademy Drupal 7 instance. We can take a backup of
the site contents (files, database) should we need to look into them
in the future, but considering how long ago that was, I suspect we
probably won't need to do that. Do we know of anyone who could do
this?

For discover.kde.org, I think this one can simply be archived. It
hasn't been touched in a long time.

That leaves the following application Drupals:

- kdevelop.org
- digikam.org
- amarok.kde.org

All 3 are using custom themes, which will make things more difficult
and may have semi-complicated module migration requirements. I'd like
to hear back from you folks on which parts of your sites you are
actually using, so we can disable the modules which are not needed.

We'll need your assistance developers, in migrating those three sites.

Thanks,
Ben Cooksley
KDE Sysadmin