[Digikam-devel] Redirect target for extragear.kde.org/apps/kipi (was: Re: [Kde-extra-gear] This list and associated website will be ending in one week)

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau kossebau at kde.org
Wed Feb 3 12:14:47 GMT 2016

Hi Kipi developers,

we need your feedback on what kind of redirect to do for the pages about Kipi
& DigikamImagePlugins on the to-be-shutdown site extragear.kde.org.

What would be the best target for redirects from extragear.kde.org/apps/kipi?

And DigikamImagePlugins is the predecessor of Kipi, right? So what would be
the best redirect target for
https://extragear.kde.org/apps/digikamimageplugins ?

See below for respective context.

Am Freitag, 22. Januar 2016, 20:44:56 schrieb Friedrich W. H. Kossebau:
> Am Mittwoch, 20. Januar 2016, 11:19:31 schrieb Jeremy Whiting:
> > On Wed, Jan 20, 2016 at 9:36 AM, Friedrich W. H. Kossebau
> >
> > <kossebau at kde.org> wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > let's get this one finished.

> > > Redirects could be done to the respective app pages below
> > > https://www.kde.org/applications/
> > > which are having similar info.
> > >
> > > Not sure all apps have pages there already (e.g. KXStitch is to be found
> > > where? is not in /applications/graphics/ at least), so would be also
> > > good
> > > to fix that while doing so.
> > >
> > > Anyone quick up to do that, first
> > > a) add missing pages to kde.org/applications, then
> > > b) adding redirects?
> >
> > I can do a and b if you like,
>
> That would be great.

> Most items on the extragear website seem to have proper replacement on
> kde.org/applications/.
<snip>

> Others seem mo longer maintained/developed, should their homepages just be
> dropped completely? Who might be interested in this ancient information?
>
> Kipi is a challenge, it is a framework with plugins and not an application.
> So where can it have its mini-homepage on kde.org?
> And same challenge are possibly the Kopete plugins, but they might be
> outdated now.
<snip>
> Kipi -> needs entry, but kde.org/applications seems not fitting, no app
<snip>
> DigikamImagePlugins -> possibly what is now kipi, seems no longer developed

Cheers
Friedrich