[Digikam-devel] "Writing metadata to files" even when settings set to write nothing to metadata

Simon Frei freisim93 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 19:11:29 BST 2016

When I do changes on tags the status bar indicates "Writing metadata to
files". However I do have no checkbox checked in settings/metadata, so
nothing should be written to metadata. The console output does not
indicate any write activity, just lots of entries like this:

digikam.dimg: "*somepath*/*somejpg*"  : JPEG file identified
digikam.database: Scanning took 1609 ms
digikam.database: Finishing took 184 ms

Is digikam just taking lots of time to read files/write to database and
displaying a wrong status message in the progress field, or is there a
chance it is actually writing metadata to files? I am using a debug
compiled version of a recent commit.