[Digikam-devel] building from GIT source

Bruce Korb bkorb at gnu.org
Sun Sep 27 22:14:58 BST 2015

My libexiv2 libraries are "messed up" because different
packages require different versions and openSuSE installs
whatever package is required.  I never asked for any of them
directly.

So I poked around in the sources and found this in the cmake
docs regarding "find_package":

> CMake searches for a file called Find<package>.cmake in the CMAKE_MODULE_PATH

but there is no "FindExiv2.cmake" file and it is all feeling too
rabbit-trail like.  I'll ask a silly question now:  do you have
a build VM that has the requisite packages?  I need either a
chrooted environment or a VM with all the needed infrastructure.
Yanking out libraries that are demanded by various installed packages
will guarantee a disaster, so I can't go there.  :(

The other alternative it to tell cmake where to look for exiv2.
But how to do that is not obvious.

Thank you.  Regards, Bruce