[Digikam-devel] building from GIT source

Bruce Korb bkorb at gnu.org
Sat Sep 26 23:42:53 BST 2015

 > You have 0.23 where 0.24 is required. Read well the cmake trace...
 >
 > Gilles Caulier

And here I thought I had 0.25.
I think libexiv2 has a numbering problem.

On 09/25/15 17:01, Bruce Korb wrote:
> On 09/25/15 10:11, Gilles Caulier wrote:
>  > ... install the Exiv2 development package which contain header files required to compile the libkexiv2 library.
>
>  > $ rpm -q -a|fgrep -i exiv2
>  > libexiv2-14-0.25-67.1.x86_64
>  > libexiv2-12-0.23-9.1.3.x86_64
>  > exiv2-lang-0.25-67.1.noarch

Thank you.  My openSuSE repo only has the 0.25 binaries, and not the -devel stuff.
FYI, exiv2 is not up to configure/build standards either.  :(
It requires a source dir == build dir and has no "make check" target.
That finally complete.  I still get the version error.
Since I have to build and install myself, I installed to /usr/local.
How do I tell cmake that 0.25 is installed there and not in plain /usr?
The cmake code can't figure it out itself.

Thank you.