[Digikam-devel] [digikam] How to begin develop plugin for digikam

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Sat Sep 12 19:39:55 BST 2015

Hi,

The first stage is to read documentation from libkipi, used to develop a
plugin :

http://api.kde.org/4.x-api/kdegraphics-apidocs/libs/libkipi/libkipi/html/index.html

In the libkipi source code you will found example of plugin (hello world),
to understand to start.

In kipiplugins, the project which host all plugins, we have API helpers
included in a private and non shared lib named libkipipluigns :

http://api.kde.org/extragear-api/graphics-apidocs/kipi-plugins/common/libkipiplugins/html/annotated.html

Finally, the plugins source code from kipiplugins will help a lots to
understand the basis.

All links that you need are hosted in this page :

https://www.digikam.org/docs

Q : just to know, which kind of plugin you want to write exactly ?

Best