[Digikam-devel] Building on Ubuntu Wily (was Re: [Digikam-users] Mysql/MariaDb database expert needs...)

Eric Valette Eric.Valette at Free.fr
Mon Nov 23 14:54:35 GMT 2015

On 11/23/2015 03:29 PM, Richard Mortimer wrote:

> I had a problem with kipiplugin_imgur.so that seems to be linked against
> some QT4 libraries and was causing a segmentation violation on startup.
> For now I have just removed the .so file from
> /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/plugins/kipiplugin_imgur.so
> and digikam now starts up fully.

I had just that recently and it turned out to be realted to  the fact
that kqoauth upstream and ubuntu version I picked is still compiled for
qt4 by default.

Further hacking was needed on this one : the Makefile at the root dir
that is used by debian/rules has been generated with qmake from qt4. You
need to regenerate it using qt5 qmake, fix the script that generates the
package dependency (.pc is wrong otherwyse), and fix the mkspecs
location in the .install

That's the way I resolved it on debian...

-- eric