[Digikam-devel] digikam : crash in dlopen kipiplugin_imgur.so

Martin Klapetek martin.klapetek at gmail.com
Mon Nov 16 20:31:17 GMT 2015

On Mon, Nov 16, 2015 at 2:33 AM, Eric Valette <eric.valette at free.fr> wrote:

> On 16/11/2015 04:33, Martin Klapetek wrote:
>
> This is because your digikam/kipi is Qt5 based while the
>> kipiplugin_imgur.so
>> is Qt4 based. Qt5 and Qt4 are binary incompatible and opening one plugin
>> from the other will crash.
>>

> So it should not be compiled when compiling digikam 5.x from git then...

It's not. See below.

> If you've compiled digikam/kipi yourself, be sure to clean your install
>> dir from
>> all kipi/Qt4 plugins. If this got installed by your distro, please
>> notify your distro
>> of a conflict.
>>

> Nice guess but this is not what happened : the plugin was compiled  and
> installed from the git tree yesterday.

Well thank you but that wasn't a guess, actually. You have old
files in your buildsystem/install folder.

I just did a clean checkout of kde:digikam-software-compilation, run
"perl ./download-repos" and extra/kipi-plugins/imgur is Qt5 based
code.

If you don't believe me, look for yourself here:

https://quickgit.kde.org/?p=kipi-plugins.git&a=blob&h=a95d6bcc7381fc654d2ac9af1375e4aa0c01e89b&hb=19ad9ea39d4eb9644e52561e73e369c4b20cf294&f=imgur%2FCMakeLists.txt

There is no Qt4 stuff in imgur's kipi buildsystem. You just have stale
files in your local copy. Simply do git pull on your kipi-plugins folder.

>  cd local/src/digikam/
> valette at tri-yann4:~/local/src/digikam$ find . -name kipiplugin_imgur.so
> ./build/extra/kipi-plugins/imgur/kipiplugin_imgur.so
> valette at tri-yann4:~/local/src/digikam$
>

>> Finally, perhaps the kipi plugins should either ship with some json
>> metadata
>> that should be checked upon loading (this is actually very very useful
>> for just
>> opening
>> the whole so file --> fast "Share" menu build up) or some other kinds of
>> filtering
>> should be done by kipi to ensure that Qt4 files are not loaded.
>>

> Could be also resolved at build time if QT5 is selected/detected by cmake
> while it has not been changed to support qt5...

It is. See above.

Cheers
--
Martin Klapetek | KDE Developer