[Digikam-devel] digikam : crash in dlopen kipiplugin_imgur.so

Martin Klapetek martin.klapetek at gmail.com
Mon Nov 16 03:33:49 GMT 2015

Hi,

On Sun, Nov 15, 2015 at 11:50 AM, Eric Valette <eric.valette at free.fr> wrote:

> So I fired digikam for the first time and experienced a crash in
> kipiplugin_imgur.so. I just removed it and at kleast I can now lauch it and
> see my photos...

This is because your digikam/kipi is Qt5 based while the kipiplugin_imgur.so
is Qt4 based. Qt5 and Qt4 are binary incompatible and opening one plugin
from the other will crash.

If you've compiled digikam/kipi yourself, be sure to clean your install dir
from
all kipi/Qt4 plugins. If this got installed by your distro, please notify
your distro
of a conflict.

Finally, perhaps the kipi plugins should either ship with some json metadata
that should be checked upon loading (this is actually very very useful for
just
opening
the whole so file --> fast "Share" menu build up) or some other kinds of
filtering
should be done by kipi to ensure that Qt4 files are not loaded.

Cheers
--
Martin Klapetek | KDE Developer