[Digikam-devel] build failure with current 5.x git

Eric Valette eric.valette at free.fr
Sat Nov 14 21:26:11 GMT 2015

I'm so desesperately missing digikam in debian unstable that  decided to
gice it a try at building it myslef.

Quite complicated because many package are either missing or too old
(even on debian unstable/experimental)

    1) opencv 3.0.0 that you should manually compile and that in turn
needs libopenexr22 because default installation does not work (that is
in unstable)
     3) libkqoauth-dev that I picked up from ubuntu + some hacking for
multi-arch

After doing this I managed to configure and did almost all the build:

Automatic moc for target facesenginedemo
[ 90%] Built target facesenginedemo_automoc
[ 90%] Linking CXX executable facesenginedemo
/usr/bin/ld: ../../app/libdigikamcore.so.5.0.0: référence au symbole non
défini «_ZNK16KLocalizedString4subsERK7QStringi5QChar»
//usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libKF5I18n.so.5: error adding symbols: DSO
missing from command line
core/tests/facesengine/CMakeFiles/facesenginedemo.dir/build.make:271:
recipe for target 'core/tests/facesengine/facesenginedemo' failed
make[2]: *** [core/tests/facesengine/facesenginedemo] Error 1
make[2]: Target
'core/tests/facesengine/CMakeFiles/facesenginedemo.dir/build' not remade
because of errors.
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:14376: recipe for target
'core/tests/facesengine/CMakeFiles/facesenginedemo.dir/all' failed
make[1]: *** [core/tests/facesengine/CMakeFiles/facesenginedemo.dir/all]
Error 2

c++filt _ZNK16KLocalizedString4subsERK7QStringi5QChar
KLocalizedString::subs(QString const&, int, QChar) const

Starting the digikam binary form buiding dir works... So I'm almost
there. Any help to kill this remaining bug appreciated...

-- eric