[Digikam-devel] [Digikam-users] Mysql/MariaDb database expert needs...

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 14:26:45 GMT 2015

> Hi all,
>
> seems I posted from the wrong address the first time...
>
> On Thu, Nov 12, 2015 at 10:55 AM, Gilles Caulier
> <caulier.gilles at gmail.com> wrote:
> > At least, somebody can said me if an internal Mysql solution is suitable
> or
> > not without to hack the DB installation outside digiKam.
> >
> > I read all bugzilla entries, and to setup Mysql, users need to grant
> > privileges by hand before to configure digiKam with it.
> >
> > This is not possible to do the same with an internal server, since few
> years
> > ago, Mysql switch DB engine to ImmoDB which require granted privilege to
> > create DB indexes. And this is typically the problem that i can see when
> > want to create the MySql DB through the internal server.
> >
> > If i look how Amarok do with Mysql, internal server solution do not
> exist.
> > Only a remote server is avaialble in setup.
>
> That is not correct, Amarok uses MySQL embedded by default, setting up
> an external MySQL server is just an additional option for people who
> need to share a database across computers.

Ah, it's not SQlite... Interesting...

So my question is : how to create DB indexes and triggers with an internal
solution. When i look in bugzilla, some users have investigated and see
that mysql indexes creation need granted privileges since immodb DB engine
is used. And this is true : i reproduced the dysfunction and fixed it.

Or perhaps Amarok do not use Indexes and triggers. In this case, DB
performances will just down...
Or perhaps Amarok do not use immodb engine...