[Digikam-devel] Building DigiKam 4.14 with libkgeomanip and other former "extras"

Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer perezmeyer at gmail.com
Mon Dec 21 15:54:46 GMT 2015

On Sunday 20 December 2015 17:22:07 Steve M. Robbins wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm preparing DigiKam 4.x packages for Debian.  While I've used KDE for
> ages, I'm new to the development side, so I have a couple questions.
>
> The previous Debian package was DigiKam 4.4.  I just created an initial 4.14
> package.   Between 4.4 and 4.14, several "extra" libraries were split out
> and are no longer distributed in the digikam source: libkdcraw  libkexiv2
> libkface  libkgeomap  libkipi  libksane  libkvkontakte  libmediawiki.
> Several of these are already packaged in Debian and I just used them in the
> build.

\o/ Those are really fabulous news!

> Others are not yet packaged for Debian (e.g. libkgeomap and libkface) so I
> had to drop functionality temporarily.  Now I'm looking for the canonical
> source location of these former "extras".
>
> Question 1: Given that I'm building DigiKam 4.x, I presume I'll need a
> KDE4/Qt4 version of each extra.  Is that the case?

It should be, you can't mix Qt4 and Qt5 (we will be able to do so at some
extent with Qt5 and Qt6, but that's another story).

[snip]

> Question 2: If I can't use the latest kface, should I just go backwards in
> time to find the last release using KDE4 and use that with DigiKam?

I'm afraid yes.

Another solution could be to just build the 5.0.0 beta2 which, if I'm not
mistaken, uses Qt5/KF5. And maybe push it to experimental.

--
My favourite poem is the one that starts 'Thirty days hath September' because
it actually tells you something.

Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer
http://perezmeyer.com.ar/
http://perezmeyer.blogspot.com/