[Digikam-devel] Rebuilding with a specific libexiv2 build

Luca Carlon carlon.luca at gmail.com
Mon Aug 17 19:49:26 BST 2015

Just added find_package() instruction in CMakeLists.txt and added the
FindExiv2 module. No system changed. No crash.
May this be useful in the repo as well?
Regards.

Luca

On Mon, Aug 17, 2015 at 3:19 PM, Gilles Caulier <caulier.gilles at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Certainly, but i'm more complicated...
>
> Gilles Caulier

>> Thanks.
>>
>> Is it possible to do this by using a different prefix than /usr? So can I
>> avoid removing header files and can I avoid having to install exiv2 0.25 in
>> the system paths?
>> Regards.
>>
>> Luca
>>

>> On Mon, Aug 17, 2015 at 11:11 AM, Gilles Caulier <
>> caulier.gilles at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I do it on my system.
>>>
>>> 1/ Remove 0.24 headers files (Exiv2 devel package). Binaries files can
>>> stay in place.
>>> 2/ Checkout Exiv2 0.25 source code. Configure, compile and install on
>>> your system (install prefix=/usr). Take a care about all options to enable,
>>> especially XMP support. disable Video writing support which still
>>> experimental. Video read support is fixed in this release, which is the
>>> problem.
>>> 3/ Checkout digiKam source code. There is a Cmake option to recompile
>>> libkexiv2 (this one use only Exiv2 API/ABI). Look in readme.