[Digikam-devel] Rebuilding with a specific libexiv2 build

Luca Carlon carlon.luca at gmail.com
Mon Aug 17 09:54:33 BST 2015

Hello,
it's been some months since I fixed a segfault in libexiv2 that prevents
digikam from even starting with my collection. I suppose libexiv2 0.25
should include that fix, but Ubuntu still is using 0.24.
Can someone explain how to rebuild digikam linking against my own build of
libexiv2 instead of linking against the system libexiv2?

I started by rebuilding libexiv2 setting the prefix to some staging
directory. Then I rebuilt libkexiv2 setting CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH. This seemed
to work: libkexiv2 seems to be linked against libexiv2 0.25. I also set the
prefix to the staging dir and now both are in there. Problem arise when
trying to build digikam itself: by setting CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH seems to link
against my build of libkexiv2 but not my build of libexiv2. ldd confirms
that digikam executable links to my own libkexiv2 but the system libexiv2.
Can someone provide any info about how how to build digikam against my
build of libexiv2?

Regards.

Luca