[Digikam-devel] libkface

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Fri Jun 27 14:53:58 BST 2014

> Am Donnerstag 26 Juni 2014, 15:16:48 schrieb Gilles Caulier:
>> I restored Recognition feature in KFaceGUI test program. Take a look,
>> in fact it simple to handle.
>
> Thanks a lot, this really helps!
>
> Am Donnerstag 26 Juni 2014, 19:23:20 schrieb Marcel Wiesweg:
>> We tested back and forth, in the end any of the available cascades was its
>> weaknesses, by using more than one cascade to verify candidates we got
>> pretty good results (there's even some literature that recommends this
>> approach, cited in the code IIRC)
>
> The face detection really works fine. For my test images, it found most of the
> faces. As already said, I think some small webpage about libkface would be
> nice. There, one could e. g. mention that verifying multiple cascades is done
> when detecting faces, as that's a real advantage compared with the "simple"
> OpenCV approach.
>
>> We have no working code for face alignment. I see one candidate with free
>> code, it's not in libkface and complex.
> Again, that would be something for a libkface home page. Perhaps, someone can
> and wants to contribute regarding this?

There is not really a web page about, excepted a link in digiKam.org :

http://www.digikam.org/sharedlibs

And KDE project page :

https://projects.kde.org/projects/extragear/libs/libkface/

Both are not really suitable for a more important documentation, i think.

But look here :

http://api.kde.org/extragear-api/libs-apidocs/libkface/libkface/html/index.html

It's the API doc population from source code. Why not to write a more
documented Doxygen main page for libkface. It's in git/master :

https://projects.kde.org/projects/extragear/libs/libkface/repository/revisions/master/entry/libkface/Mainpage.dox

What do you think about ?