[Digikam-devel] libkface database maintenance

Marcel Wiesweg marcel.wiesweg at gmx.de
Wed Jul 2 21:03:18 BST 2014

> Actually, we have void TrainingDB::deleteIdentity(int id) in
> database/trainingdb.cpp, but it's never used anywhere ... so perhaps, the
> class simply lacks this functionality at the moment.
>
> I'll see if I can add a function using this to recognitiondatabase.cpp ...

Yes it has never been implemented in the API.

We should add some notes of caution that the database is shared between
applications and identity management should be aware of this.

In the age of Nepomuk, there were plans to have some KDE-wide library to
provide management of real people (linked with email, contacts, facebook etc.)
I dont know but assume it died together with Nepomuk.

Marcel