[Digikam-devel] Digikam Web UI

Lauters Mehdi mehdilauters at gmail.com
Thu Jan 9 12:21:53 GMT 2014

Hi every one
For a personal purpose, I developed a digikam WebUi to share a local photo
collection around the world.
As I didn't found any solution for what I wanted, I decided to build one
based on the CakePhp ( http://cakephp.org/ ) framework.
So it is MVC compliant, database independent, easily adaptable and require
only a php webserver (such as apache2) and an access to a digikam database
(Mysql, SQLite...) (and collection files).

I think such interface is missing to this huge project as people (like me)
may don't like to share their pictures thanks common channels (Facebook,
Dropbox and so one) or spend time maintaining a remote blog.

With this easy to install HMI, your public collection is always up-to-date
with your private one, and right may be defined for Albums, Tags, users...

The design is not well finished but the solution is working and improvement
may be infinite.

Please find here the github repository.
https://github.com/mehdilauters/digikamWebUi

And the corresponding presentation on my blog.
http://lauters.fr/blog/digikamwebui/

Feel free to critic, improve, share...

Regards

Mehdi