[Digikam-devel] Video transcoding feature

Luca Carlon carlon.luca at gmail.com
Thu Dec 4 00:06:05 GMT 2014

I'm talking about transcoding video to video. Cameras and smartphones often
seem to encode using suboptimal encoders. Difference in size can be
relevant even when video is already h264. My idea would be to try to
provide the simplest possible automatic procedure to compress the user's
video, which is not always simple and may take hours. Of course, in case
the feature is appreciated, we can improve it.

Luca