[Digikam-devel] Batch Queue Manager

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Thu Nov 28 16:30:50 GMT 2013

2013/11/22 Yuri Samoilenko <kinnalru at gmail.com>:
> Hello.
> I have made some improvements in External Tools(not renamed yet), and I have
> some ideas to discuss.
>
> 1. I have made an ugly hack to allow shortcut management of ET from ET
> settings, and I don't know how to deal with it. Can anybody help me or give
> explanation in this task?

What do you want to perform with shortcuts management ?

I recommend to hack BQM code first, you will see extra feature later.

> 2. ET settings moved to own tab in BMQ settings, and when we think about ET
> as of process made after all other filters, than renaming tab to "Post
> processing" is good idea. But We can think about ET as possibility to "put
> processed images to somewhere after processing" and than we can call it as
> "Destination" or "Target". For example Target of proccessed images is new
> album(as by now), or/and Target of proccessed items is remote drive/archive,
> or/and Target is External Tool. What you think about it?

well, the settings to put processed items in queue _and_ by ET must be
hosted in target set by end user in existing settings. Do not add more
target settings, it will be difficult to understand by end users.

> 3. ET from BMQ(maybe Post Processing through External Tool) is differs(by
> meaning) from ET calling from main application window, when I can select
> multimple images and process them through script to make archive or somthing
> else. And I think that "External Tools" is most appropriate name of this
> action, especially when I can designate hot key for quick processing.

But we talk about BQM her, not album GUI (:=)))... Why do you want to
mix both. Just concentrate your effort on BQM for the moment...

> 4. Theoretically ET can have special mode(enabled through checkbox) when
> executing tool can print to stdout names of converted/newly created items.
> This output can be captured by Digikam(ETRunner) and placed to album,
> through "Target" settings for example. What you think about it?

In this case you will not follow renaming rules from BQM settings... I think.