[Digikam-devel] error while compiling digikam

smit smit.meh at gmail.com
Sat Mar 23 15:30:23 GMT 2013

Is the problem fixed, Sayantan? Because I am facing the same problem now.

- I uninstalled and cleaned everything. I removed libkipi*, libkdcraw* from
/usr/lib also. I use the following cmake command.

sudo cmake -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=debugfull -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr
-DIGIKAMSC_USE_PRIVATE_KDEGRAPHICS=on ..

but, still, cmake stops at

-- Found libkdcraw release >= 0.2.0
-- Found libkdcraw: /usr/lib/libkdcraw.so
CMake Warning at extra/kipi-plugins/CMakeLists.txt:145 (MESSAGE):
  libkdcraw: Version information not found, your version is probably too
old.

CMake Error at extra/kipi-plugins/CMakeLists.txt:88 (MESSAGE):
   kipi-plugins needs libkdcraw. You need to install the libkdcraw (version
>= 2.2.0) library development package.
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  extra/kipi-plugins/CMakeLists.txt:237 (PRINT_LIBRARY_STATUS)

Any ideas?

Smit Mehta
Junior year, B.Tech
Computer Science and Engineering