[Digikam-devel] regarding my assigned bug

Markus Leuthold kusi at forum.titlis.org
Tue Mar 5 22:11:04 GMT 2013

Hello Saurabh

Thanks for testing the patch!

I assume you mean "character" instead of "word". And I assume you assigned
first "Panda", then "Panda Kung Fu" previously. So "Panda Kung Fu" is the most
recent item in the list, therefore "Panda Kung Fu" appears first (case A, see
code).  It only changes to "Panda" after we get an exact match of an item with
the entered text (case C), and after the 6th charachter it becomes again
"Panda Kung Fu", because this is the first item in the most-recent-list and we
don't have an exact match between usertext and items anymore. So the behavior
is as intended.

The shortcut is made visible to the user via the keyboard shortcut menu
("assign tag"). I agree we could make it more visible to the user (ideas: via
status bar like its done in Gimp, or via tip-of-the-day, any other ideas?).
But I don't think is's a good idea to expose the shortcut via mouse context
menu: the idea for this shortcut is NOT to use the mouse.

The one feature which is nowhere explained to the user: when you press the
enter key TWICE after assigning a tag (while the tageditbox is focussed), the
main iconview is again focussed, and the next image is selected. Any ideas how
to make that feature obvious to the user?

best, Markus