[Digikam-devel] Extra repository build

Andi Clemens andi.clemens at gmail.com
Tue Jan 1 14:45:12 GMT 2013

hi,

I'm unable to disable the build of kipiplugins and all the other optional
libraries by disabling it in the CMAKE options.

Whenever I disable for example "BUILD_kipi_plugins", it still compiles it.
The only way to fix this is to use the macro
MACRO_OPTIONAL_ADD_SUBDIRECTORY for the kipi_plugins subdirectory in the
extra/CMakeLists.txt

Shouldn't this be the normal inclusion strategy?
I use the following CMakeLists.txt content in extra now:

FIND_PACKAGE(KDE4 REQUIRED)
INCLUDE(MacroOptionalAddSubdirectory)

IF (${DIGIKAMSC_USE_PRIVATE_KDEGRAPHICS})
     MACRO_OPTIONAL_ADD_SUBDIRECTORY(libksane)
     ADD_SUBDIRECTORY(libkipi)
     ADD_SUBDIRECTORY(libkexiv2)
     ADD_SUBDIRECTORY(libkdcraw)
ENDIF()

MACRO_OPTIONAL_ADD_SUBDIRECTORY(libmediawiki)
MACRO_OPTIONAL_ADD_SUBDIRECTORY(libkvkontakte)

MACRO_OPTIONAL_ADD_SUBDIRECTORY(libkgeomap)
MACRO_OPTIONAL_ADD_SUBDIRECTORY(libkface)
MACRO_OPTIONAL_ADD_SUBDIRECTORY(kipi-plugins)

Now I can disable the optional directories with ccmake.

I don't quite understand why the BUILD_xxx options are set anyway, because
only the macro MACRO_OPTIONAL_ADD_SUBDIRECTORY should set them??

Is it ok to commit this?
How do package builders build digikam only? Because the normal way through
cmake doesn't seem to work.
Maybe they just checkout core?

Andi