[Digikam-devel] Digikam 3.0 - Slow Performance with MySql-Backend and opened Tag-Dialogs

Ronny Lemke ronny.lemke at gmx.de
Wed Feb 20 19:24:03 GMT 2013

Hello DigiKam Developers,

first of all, I want to thank you for your brilliant work - DigiKam is
excellent - it is my favorite picture managment tool.
I used it very often without any problems.

Unfortunately I have some problems with the new version 3.0.0:

In my case, the client becomes very slow and doesn't react fluently on
mouse clicks, if a sidebar with Tags is opened (filter or management).
With the current performance, the Tag-Feature is definitely not useable
- it needs about 3 to 5 seconds until the client reacts on any click.

I am running DigiKam 3.0.0 under KDE 4.8.5 with the MySql-Backend. My
Tag-Structure is complex, but not huge (maybe 30 Tags in different
Tag-trees).
I had similar problems with DigiKam 2.8 - but less severe.

I hope, you can fix this issue soon...

If you need further information - do not hesitate to contact me!

Kind regards
Ronny Lemke