[Digikam-devel] digiKam registered as new project for Coverity SCAN

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Wed Feb 13 13:34:03 GMT 2013

Hi all developers,

I registered digiKam to Coverity static analyse program dedicated for
open-source project :

http://scan.coverity.com/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coverity#Scan_.28Open_Source.29

As you already see my previous mail about traces generated with this tool
by Red Hat team, i step the stage to use Coverity as default static
code analyzer to detect programming errors.

I compiled and submitted a first tarball to SCAN web interface (500Mb of db
file), and 30mns later i receive a mail to said that analyse is ready to be
read through Coverity Connect Manager.

Web interface is really nice to use and to parse important errors. It's
really  more suitable than an export to text list as Red Hat sent me
previously.

I recommend to all developers who want to improve source code to take an
account to Coverity SCAN web interface.

To register you, please send me your information :

- user name
- email :
- given name
- family name

... in fact all information to field in this page :
http://scan.coverity.com/create_user.html

Later, when your account will be created, you will need to login to Connect
Manager

scan5.coverity.com:8080

with your Username and a password sent to you in a private mail. You will
be able to take a look to all trace generated by my scans loaded.

I plan to process scan upload to Coverity server automatically each week
end using a script, as other main Open-Source projects do...

I waiting your info to process registration

Best